Ah…the last day of Fall, the puns I could make. Really, I’m trying my best to lay off the jokes. Anyway, it seems like the beginning years ago. I will admit I had high expectations for. Scratch that. Very high expectations. So high I would have expected my expectations to go Harvard, support my luxuriously bookish lifestyle, and go around bragging about for the rest of its life. Instead, my expectations quickly plummeted and soon disappeared with out even a good-bye letter! I thought I raised a good egg! I’m so disappointed at you right now “my expectations.” If you’re reading this post, please contact me I miss you!
The disappearance of my expectations aside during the first week of fall, I compiled a list of books I wanted to read for fall. My 10 Books on My Fall TBR List featured 10 books that have been hanging on my TBR list. Instead of stalling I’ll do a quick rundown of how I stacked up with my Fall TBR.
1. My Boyfriend Wrote a Book About Me by Hilary Winston Did I Read it? Yes. Now I’m secretly wondering what my ex-boyfriends would say about me if you ask. Paronia level: high
2. Don’t Worry It Gets Worse: one Twenty-Something’s Mostly Failed Attempts at Adulthood by Alida Nugent Yes! Did I like it? It was good, three stars.
3. A Moveable Feast by Ernst Hemingway Did I Read it? No 🙁 Back to the TBR list with you!
4. Bewitching Season by Marissa Doyle- Did I Read it? No. It did not bewitch me to read it for two seasons now!
5. Yes, Please by Amy Poehler- Did I Read it? No When I get to read it I’m really hoping I don’t groan “no, please!”
6. Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling- Did I Read it? Yes! I loved it!
7. How to Be Bawse: A Guide to Conquering Life by Lilly Singh- Did I Read it? Yes! A guidebook on how to conqueror the world while wearing bright colored clothes. I don’t wear colors, but I might try after reading this book
8. You’re a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero- Did I Read it? Yes, new mindset and positive affirmations, now give me the money!
9. The Paradox of Choice: Why More is Less by Barry Schwartz-Did I Read it? No, I had a choice to read it and I chose not to.
10. The Motorcycle Diaries by Ernesto “Che” Guevara- Did I Read it? No, I forgot this book was on my list. *shrugs shoulders* It was a long Fall. lol. Oh, another joke I make that no one laughs at. Classic!
Ok, out of 10 books, I read 5. Half way there! Not so bad. Better than I expected! Yet there is still room for improvement. Stay tuned for tomorrow when I release 10 Books on My Winter TBR List.