Enjoy and make sure to wish me a Happy Birthday in the comments (jk, you don’t really have to, but it would be nice!).
1. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan-It was so good, I actually bought this book so I could have my very own copy!
2. The Alchemist by Paulo Coleho-The Alchemist makes me feel not so bad about my life and for once I didn’t question my life choices! Yay!
3. The Prophet by Kahil Gibran-Probably, the most underrated book of poems, I’ve ever come across. Hipster friendly!
4. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See-Sometimes a mother just has to manipulate situations so her daughter can get ahead in life. Then, said daughter marries a rich man and has a complicated relationship with her friend.
5. The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury-I liked how it made me question how children could make complex life choices. Not! It’s still a good Halloween story!
6. The Complete Poems of Anna Akhmatova by Anna Akhmatova-In my opinion, the best book to read after a break up!
7. Hyperbole and Half by Allie Brosh-Hyperbole and a Half almost covers my life story minus the dogs.
8. A Place Beyond Courage by Elizabeth Chadwick-Some of my ancestors going around being bad asses and others screwing things up. Kind of like my modern family except without you know causing a civil war or losing your head (literally) if you make the wrong choices.