Wow, this is my first award, and I’m deeply honored that I was nominated by the lovely Cassie of ZombieGoddessBeauty! I am so excited to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Make sure you go and check it out! You can read her Sunshine Blogger Award here! Thank you for nominating me Cassie!
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring. Once nominated the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
1.Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
3. Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
4. Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
Cassie’s Questions for Me:
1. If you could go on a trip anywhere where would you?
Good question. Right now I’m having some serious Scottish fever, so probably Scotland. I would like to blame watching copious amounts of Outlander for this choice. If I had the chance, I would hop on the next plane there and be chilling in Edinburgh.
2. If you had to forget every series you ever read/watched but one which series would you want to remember?
Probably the Harry Potter series. Every time, I reread them, I discover something new that I missed the last time I would read them, so I would never be bored. Also, there is just so much general awesomeness like the story, the messages, themes, and the characters. I feel like I would never become bored.
3. What is your favorite hobby? (As side from blogging if you don’t blog full time)
My favorite hobby is reading. Oh, and I like to look up my family’s ancestry, particularly my mom’s side. There are some interesting folks, she’s a descendant of. Both are tied for my favorite hobbies.
4. What is something you’ve always wanted to try?
This list could possibly be endless. However, I’ll cut it short by sticking to one thing I’ve always wanted to try. Ok, so every time I visit ShopRite (my handy-dandy local supermarket), they have these little healthy recipe cards. Every time, I go shopping there, I look at the recipe cards and grab a few. Actually, by the amount of recipe cards I have, I should have included that in my collecting question too. For once, I would actually like to try to cook some of these recipes.
5. Would you ever make blogging your job? Or have you already gone full time? If so what’s it like?
Yes, in a heartbeat, if I was able to make a steady income where I can live comfortable lifestyle with my hundreds of books.
6. What is your favorite guilty pleasure show?
Hands down Ancient Aliens. The show has the right amount of absurd academia and mind numbing reality television. I feel slightly less guilty for watching it than say Vanderpump Rules. Originally, I was going to say all of the old VH1 reality television shows like Tool Academy, and the countless dating reality shows, but it’s been a good amount of years since they’ve aired, and people may not remember them.
7. Describe yourself in 3 words or phrases.
Crazy, sexy, cool. Just kidding, of course. Probably more like crazy historical nerd.
8. What is your favorite canceled TV show? (I got this from yesterday’s episode of the Jenna & Julien podcast. Thanks Jenna!)
Pushing Daisies or Agent Carter. Both were shows gone way too soon.
9. Do you collect anything?
I collect books, bookmarks, and piggy banks. The difference between both is that finding intriguing piggy banks is harder to find than collecting cheap books and scoring free bookmarks.
10. What is one thing your readers might not know about you?
Good question, I think I’ve covered a lot of my bases: collects copious amounts of books and piggy banks, obsessed with ancestors, and has a Master’s degree. Hmmm…tough one. Oh, well I guess I didn’t mention that I wrote my Master’s Thesis on the English poet John Milton. There’s something very few people know about me except those really close to me.
11. What do you love most about blogging?
For this question, I have multiple answers, because I seem to be loving equally lately. First on a making me a better person level, I have really been digging creating my own graphics and the new skills having a blog has taught me. For my readers and fellow bloggers, I love interacting with them, meeting new people, and creating stories out of my reviews people could enjoy.
1. Lex of Alexis Gardener
2. Suhani of A Mom’s Life
3. Shoshi of Shoshi Reads
4. Sydney of Scripturient
5. Kaelin of Living in Saturn
6. Shumaila of The Literary Cat
7. Dhea of Dithatalks
8. Mollie of Mollie Clarke
9. Ashleigh of Wonderland Warblings
10.Chloe of CholeBlogs
11.Diana of A Retro Bombshells Loves
My Questions for My Nominees:
1. What’s the best book recommendation you’ve ever received from someone?
2. What are some goals you have for your blog and yourself as a blogger?
3. What’s your proudest moment as a blogger?
4.Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
5. What’s the funniest thing that ever happened to you?
6. Name 3 shows you’ve been wanting to watch, but haven’t gotten around to watching them yet.
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world today, where would you go?
8. What was the name of the last book you picked up, but couldn’t finish?
9. How were you inspired to become a blogger?
10. Which bloggers inspired you to become a better blogger?
11. What’s the name of your favorite book store?
I apologize in advance to all my nominees for the book related questions. When I was thinking about it, these questions came naturally.Thanks again to Cassie for nominating me! Make sure you check her out! And check out my nominees too! They are all really cool and hip people!
As always thank you for reading!!